Random Quote

Dr. No (1962)

"Bond. James Bond."

25 March, 2014

Interview: Robert Downey Jr. Talks with Variety on Chris Evans and 'The Avengers'

Brandon Hoyne

         It's no secret that Robert Downey Jr. received a boost to his career after excepting the coveted role of Tony Stark/Iron Man. Thanks to Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes, he has since topped Forbes list as the highest paid actor, earning $75 million last year. Recently he sat down with Variety to discuss future Avengers plans and actor Chris Evans decision to quit acting.



         "How many more of these Marvel movies do you think there can be?"

         "The smart money is you have to look at everybody’s age. I’ll put myself at the top of the list. Sooner or later, they’ve got to start over and get somebody young. I’m not there with them yet. It really is the closest thing to being a beloved contract player with a big old-timey studio that there is right now. When you really think about it at the end of the day, these films are entertainment largely driven by young folks. There is something very honorable about that. I run into kids wearing “Captain America” masks. My kid believes that Captain America is real."

         "Why did you urge Chris to take the Captain America role?"

         "There was so much riding on what essentially could be considered the squarest superhero in history. It was probably the most risky of the franchises we launched. I say “we,” like I’m a company man, which I like to think I am. By the way, I’m a fan of his."

Read the rest at Variety
Also read Chris Evans interview here